Tour of Homes
...decorated for the holidays
One of the highlights of the Christmas in St. Michaels weekend is the Tour of Homes. In one of the longest running home tours in Maryland, both historic homes in the village and some very special homes in the surrounding waterfront countryside are featured.
- Dec. 8, 2012
- Dec. 9, 2012
The houses in town are within walking distance of each other, which gives you a great opportunity to stroll through town and soak up the historic atmosphere. Most of the homes, built in the 18th and 19th centuries, had at one time been the residences of watermen and seafarers and have since been restored, expanded, and adapted to today's life style.
The country homes are located just outside of town, and most are situated on expansive waterfront settings. Visitors reach the country homes via professional licensed shuttle bus service, which is included in the price of the ticket. The buses leave from the Crab Claw Parking Lot on Mill Street, with the last bus departing at 3:30 pm on Saturday and 2:30 pm on Sunday. These houses should not be missed, as they employ exquisite architectural details and are creatively set amidst the Eastern Shore landscape.
- $25 until 5pm Friday, Dec. 7, 2012
- $30 during Christmas in St. Michaels weekend
Your ticket provides:
- Weekend admission to all tour homes
- Transportation to the country homes
- A detailed tour guide booklet with lots of local information and complete descriptions of each home on the tour along with other major landmarks in St. Michaels
- Admission to the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum both Saturday and Sunday
- Starting July 1:
- Starting Nov 1:
- Order online, via mail or in person
- Order online until 5pm Friday, Dec. 7, 2012
- Purchase in person at the following stores on Talbot Street:
- The Christmas Shop
- Chesapeake Trading Company
- Chesapeake Bay Outfitters
During the Christmas in St. Michaels weekend, pick up your pre-purchased tickets or purchase tickets at Granite Lodge on St. Mary's Square:
Photos throughout this website provided by Tidewater Camera Club and other contributing photographers.