all year long!
In 1987 a group of energetic volunteers recognized the need for day care services in the community. A daycare center was established and, since that time, this annual fund-raising weekend event has raised more than $1,000,000 for local, non-profit organizations. For 30 years, funds raised have benefited local citizens, of all ages.
Past beneficiaries include:
- Critchlow Adkins Children’s Centers, St. Michaels site – the day care center originally funded and continually supported since 1987
- Bay Hundred Community Pool – to underwrite construction and for continued support
- School programs – to support academic programs, music, athletics, and citizenship
- St. Michaels Community Center – to establish and to support programs and events
- St. Michaels Fire Department – to provide an extrication tool
- St. Michaels Museum at St. Mary’s Square – to restore the Chaney House
- Union United Methodist Church – to restore the historic organ
- Wilson Reading Garden at St. Michaels Library – to establish and to maintain the garden
Christmas in St. Michaels gives all year long through the community organizations that it supports. In accordance with needs-based criterion, an all-volunteer board of directors selects grant recipients.
Checks Presented to 2015 Beneficiaries
2016 Collectors Ornament Released
2016 Gingerbread Competition
2016 New Cookbook Release
2016 Yuletide Party and 30th Anniversary Celebration
2016 Mailbox Decoration
2016 Beneficiaries Announced
2016 Beneficiaries Receive Checks